1/2" to 12" MAG Flow Meter.
MAG FLOW METER, 1/2", 1", 2", 3", 4", 6", 8" & 12" ANSI PIPE FLANGE SIZE RANGES
MAG Flow Meters at the prices of High-End Clamp On Ultrasonic Flow Meters and feature accuracies of 0.5% of READING.
Amazing Sensitivity for conductivity requiring a minimum of 5 microSiemens/cm (
compared to more than 20 microSiemens/ cm required for competitors)
Features LARGE LCD display, shows the Instantaneous Flow Rate, Total Flow, in user selectable units.
- Electrode Material: 316L SS
- Wetted Materials Teflon, 304 SS, & 316 SS
- Flow Body Material 304 SS
- Flow Velocity .01 - 15 m/s Nominal 0 - 3 m/s
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5% of reading in water.
- Repeatability of +/- 0.15% of reading
- 1/2" to 4" 150# ANSI flange connections, up to 8" available.
- LCD Display
- Gas: 14°F (-10°C) to 350°F (180°C)
- Ambient: 14°F (-10°C) to 140°F (60°C)
- Power Requirement: 24 VDC 20 Watts maximum;
- Output signals: Modbus RTU, 4–20 mA, and 0-10 KHz for flow rate indication
- Digital communications: Modbus RTU
- Proof Pressure 1.6 MPa, 230 PSIG.
- Display: Flow rate, Flow rate 0-100%, and total flow
- Wiring connection to enclosure size: M20 x 1.5
- Factory Final QC Test Certificate
- Integral Electronics
- Electronics Enclosure: IP65
Magnetic flow meters (MAG flow meters) are volumetric flow meters that operate without any moving parts and are ideal for potable water and wastewater applications as well as ideal for any conductive or water based clean or dirty fluid. Magnetic flow meters will generally not work with hydrocarbons, distilled water, and many non-aqueous solutions as they require a conductive fluid of 5 microSiemens/cm minimum.
The table below gives a guideline of the nominal maximum GPM for various pipe sizes. Flows in well designed piping systems, to minimize wear and noise, and energy, are typically no more than 3 m/s max, Note these meters can easily go to 15 m/s for systems, such as high pressure fire fighting systems and blowdown systems.
MAG Meter Dimensions
MAG Meter Installation requirements:
Quick video above showing how to use the front panel buttons. The SECRET password to CHANGE variables is 03210 where 00521 is for VIEWING only. To get back to NORMAL operation hold the Enter button (the right most button) for 3 to 5 seconds.
Video above shows how to set up the Flow Units and Full Scale for those units. Note that this scaling is for driving the 4-20 mA and the frequency output so that the Full Scale value at 20 mA and at full scale Frequency is the number that is set. In this case the 4-20 and the frequency will output 20 mA and 5,000 Hz when the display shows 200 GPM. If the display goes OVER 200 GPM the 4-20 and the Frequency will increase until it "bumps it's head" on the maximum value. If the value on the display is GREATER than the value in Full Scale then one would adjust this value to accommodate the anticipated maximum value.
View video above to see how an INSERTION MAG meter is installed, which is DIFFERENT than the flange meters on this product page. Please visit INSERTION MAG meter product listing if you discover you need an Insertion Mag Meter.